60 seconds with… your new This Week editors

Internal Communications Specialists Antra Kalnins (left) and Jacqueline Lorenzetti (right) work together to bring This Week to your inbox, following the departure of previous (and beloved) editor Peter McDonald to the Future Students team. 

I’ve been at Macquarie for…

Antra: Five years tomorrow!  I started out at Macquarie International, and recently moved over to the communications team from marketing services within Group Marketing. But writing has always been at the heart of what I do here.

Jacqueline: I began working here in 2015 and am excited to be back in this new role, job-sharing with Antra.

In a nutshell, our job is to…

Share inspiring stories with our University community.

If I could do any other job at Macquarie, it would be…

Antra: I’m completely envious of just about every researcher at the University. Their intelligence, dedication and passion is so inspiring.

Jacqueline: I think I’d enjoy recruiting international students. I am a big advocate for higher education and love meeting people from around the world.

Name a Macquarie staff member that impressed you recently…

Antra: Luan Heimlich. Her enthusiasm for STEM education is infectious.

Jacqueline: I met with Lucy Arthur from the Learning Innovation Hub about a story and was impressed with how organised she was.

Outside work, you’ll often find me…

Antra: Negotiating with a two-year-old. ‘Negotiating’ is, of course,  a misnomer.

Jacqueline: On the water! I love kayaking, swimming, paddleboarding, or anything else that gets me outside on beautiful weekends.

The most amazing place I’ve ever visited is…

Antra: The street in Riga, Latvia, where my grandparents both lived as children before they fled from Soviet occupation.

Jacqueline: That’s a tough one… I’m originally from the States and have lived in Europe and now Australia so I’ve been able to see some incredible places around the world. Germany (specifically Bavaria) at Christmas will always hold a very special place in my heart though.

In 10 years from now, I hope to be…

Antra: Getting a whole lot more sleep than I am right now!

Jacqueline: Continuing to grow and learn by visiting new places and meeting new people around the world.