10 questions with… Rosie Miklecic

rosie-miklecic-10-questions-wp_1410x743

Rosemary (Rosie) Miklecic is the theatre obsessed Manager of Operations, for the Dean of Students.

She grew up around Western Sydney and moved the Central Coast in 2002 where she has been living ever since.

Before working at Macquarie, Rosie worked for other Universities including University of Sydney and Torrens University.

Outside of work, Rosie both directs and performs in musicals and plays for several groups. She is a board member of Jopuka Productions – a youth theatre organisation and charity on the Central Coast, where she was recently made a life member. Some of her loves in life include her cat Woodley and Eurovision. When watching from home, she usually has a big party where she cooks all sorts of food inspired by the host nation. Next year, she finally gets to attend Eurovision live in the United Kingdom.

1. What you need to do your best work

A coffee, a notebook, and a pen. I love to scribble things down and work through notes after some marinating. It really helps with understanding, and to ensure I have a clear head.

2. Something you’ve read recently that has had an impact on you

My Favourite Audrey Hepburn quote- “The most important thing is to enjoy your life- to be happy- it’s all that matters.”

woods_wp

3. A favourite photo from your camera roll

Photo of my fur baby helping mum work, his name is Woodley, and he is 13.

4. Your definition of success

Feeling like I have a sense of purpose and have made a positive impact for people.

5. The first person you go to for advice (and why)

My husband, he knows me best and can be a trusted devil’s advocate for everything.

6. A website or app you can’t live without (and why)

Uber. I don’t drive, so it has saved me on more than one occasion.

7. Where you live and what you like about living there

Mardi on the Central Coast. I love the more relaxed atmosphere.

8. A personal quality you value in others

Honesty – It is integral to everything.

9. Something you’re trying to do differently in 2022

Remembering to celebrate the small wins, they are still an achievement.

10. I’m happiest when…

I am being creative. In my personal life, I do a lot of work directing youth theatre, both plays and musicals. It brings me joy to be encouraging creativity.