Macquarie to host COVID-19 vaccination hub

marquee_web

Macquarie University will be the site of a new COVID-19 facility providing vaccinations to eligible members of the local healthcare community.

The facility is part of a collaboration between Macquarie, the Federal Government and Sonic Healthcare – a renowned healthcare provider with specialist operations in general practice medicine, pathology, and radiology.

Scheduled to begin in mid-May, a vaccination centre will be established in the Marquee at 18 Eastern Road to administer the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine to aged care and disability care workers under the age of 50.

“Macquarie University is delighted to partner with Sonic Healthcare, with the support of Federal Government funding, to provide a facility on our campus, that will contribute to the vital national effort to vaccinate against COVID-19,” says Professor David Wilkinson, Deputy Vice Chancellor, Engagement.

“This is just one more example of how Macquarie partners with local companies and organisations, to support our local community.”

The Marquee will operate from noon until 10pm on weekdays and 8am to 6pm on weekends. Eligible aged care and disability care workers must make an appointment via an invitation-only platform prior to presenting for the vaccine. All recipients will be required to provide proof of employment at an aged care facility or as a disability care worker as well as photo ID before they can receive the vaccine.

Sonic Healthcare has been contracted by the Federal Government to provide the vaccination service on the Macquarie University campus, in addition to other similar hubs in the wider Sydney area.

1. I am 59 and have my 1st dose of AZ.
    I wish to get my second dose of Pfizer which I should be eligible for.
    I am an immunology nurse and have discussed this with my GP and can give informed consent.
    Am I able to book in for an appointment?

1. HI Diane, you will need to speak to Sonic Healthcare (who operate the clinic at Macquarie University) in regards to your query. You can call them on 1300 379 878.

2. Hi is it safe and well lit to walk from the metro station to the marquee at night (7pm appointment)?

3. I am a 76 year old woman who has a history of blood clotting. I have found it difficult to receive a Pfizer vaccination, necessary for my condition. My GP will not receive stocks of this until October. I would like to receive a Pfizer vaccination so that I can continue my visits to St. Mary’s Aged Care Home in Concord. I can supply a letter from my GP and support from a hematologist verifying my condition. Could you please book for me an appointment at your clinic to receive the Pfizer vaccine.

1. Hello, you will need to speak to Sonic Healthcare (who operate the clinic at Macquarie University) in regards to your query. You can call them on 1300 379 878.

4. Does a mother of a child with an intellectual disability, and who had three children working in front line health care
    Eligible for Pfizer here , she has been trying to get a booking on line , today after 79 mins was hung up on .

5. Hi there,
    Do I qualify to come to this hub? I am a Community Engagement Officer. I have sleep apnea on a CPAP machine. I am 51 on the 6th July, (6/7/70).
    THank you in advance