10 questions with… Andrew Cattanach

andrew-cattanach_web

As Head of Design and Sustainability for Property, Andrew Cattanach leads the engagement, research and analysis of the impact of the University’s actions and activities, as to best influence a sustainable outcome without losing sight of the University’s broader objectives.

An avid cyclist, Andrew is also part of the MQ Cycling Ambassador Network which is a group of Macquarie staff whose mission is to educate and encourage students and staff to use their bicycles to commute for some, or all, of their journey to and from work.

As thousands of Sydneysiders get set to take part in the 2020 Biketober Business Challenge, we thought it would be a great opportunity to chat with Andrew.

1. In a nutshell, my job is to…
Look at things through a series of slightly different lenses.

2. My definition of success is…
Balance.

3. The scariest thing I’ve ever done is…
Run my second ultramarathon (after the first, you know how much it’s going to hurt).

4. As a kid, I was…
Excitable.

5. My guilty pleasure is…
A good patisserie.

6. I’m scared of…
Horror movies.

7. The most important thing I’ve learned in the last five years is
You can’t control everything.

8. I’m happiest when…
I’m in the surf.

9. If I had the day off today, you would find me…
In the surf.

10. To me, the best thing about the Macquarie community is…
You can always find someone with a different point of view, but always find common ground.