MGSM Postgraduate Certificate Scholarships and Professional Staff Development Grant applications now open

catherine-scuplture-hdrAfter previously receiving a scholarship for the MGSM Graduate Certificate of Management, Catherine Ennis was so inspired she has now progressed to the Graduate Diploma of Management.

“My main objective was to up-skill and enhance my management expertise,” Catherine says.

“As my tertiary qualifications are in education and guidance I felt I could gain a lot from learning more about subjects like marketing, accounting and strategy.”

Catherine had previously studied as a mature-aged student while working full-time so was very aware of the commitment but explains the support she received from Macquarie contributed to her success.

“The education policy at the University allows generous examination and study leave so that has really helped ease some of my worries of fitting it all in,” she says.

“It has grown my awareness of how organisations position themselves in a market, as well as how they make decisions on future strategy.  I am confident it’s helping me  in my current role, but also in my career longer term with potentially bigger budget responsibilities and more strategic planning involvement.”

Applications for the MGSM Postgraduate Certificate Scholarships are open until Thursday 8 August 2019.

The MGSM Postgraduate Certificate Scholarships scheme supports professional staff to develop their management capability.

For the selection criteria and information on how to apply please visit the webpage.

Applications for the Professional Staff Development Grants are open until Friday 9 August 2019.

The Professional Staff Development Grants provide financial support for individual staff members or team members to develop knowledge, skills and experience through external providers or programs that directly support performance in their current role.

For further information on the Scholarships or Grants please contact develop@mq.edu.au or call extension 9850 9716.