10 questions with… Catriona Lavermicocca

cl_web

Dr Catriona Lavermicocca completed a Bachelor of Economics/Bachelor of Law and has a professional background advising on taxation and commercial law at EY and obtained her qualifications as a Chartered Accountant before completing a Master of Law specialising in taxation and commercial law at UNSW.

While here at Macquarie University, teaching taxation and commercial law at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, Catriona has also been involved in writing learning materials for Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand and the Taxation Institute as well at coordinating and developing Macquarie University’s close relationship with the accounting profession.

(1) In a nutshell, my job is to…
My role as Associate Dean (Postgraduate), involves ‘looking after’ postgraduate courses offered by Macquarie Business School and, as Chair of the Academic Quality and Standards Committee (ASQC), facilitating discussions and decisions on academic matters relating to Macquarie University courses.

(2) The question I hear most often in my work is…
Are you available to attend a meeting?

(3) This year I want to…
Ensure the 2020 Macquarie Business School curriculum changes are positively received by students. In relation to my role as Chair of ASQC, to ensure that shared governance with Faculty Boards rolls out successfully.

(4) The bravest thing I’ve done is…
Completing a number of laps around a race track while my husband was at the wheel!

(5) A place that’s special to me is…
My home and especially the garden.

(6) My mother/father always told me…
To eat with my mouth closed and walk with my shoulders back.

(7) My guilty pleasure is…
Too easy… chocolate and wine.

(8) I’m scared of…
Birds in my back yard/front yard that form nests in Spring and attack me when I step outside. I scream but no one comes running!

(9) My hidden talent is…
In my opinion I have a hidden talent as a singer. I actually made two records with Lane Cove Primary School Choir.

(10) A moment I’ll always remember is…
Oh so many moments but I will always remember the birth of my two sons.