AIHI’s Professor Jeffrey Braithwaite appointed President Elect to prominent international healthcare board

Professor Jeffrey Braithwaite, Founding Director of the Australian Institute of Health Innovation at Macquarie University, has been named President Elect of the International Society for Quality in Health Care (ISQua), following an international vote for Board members, and a Board election.

Professor Braithwaite has commenced his appointment and will serve for two years after which he will be named President in 2019. Professor Braithwaite was first elected to ISQua’s Board in 2015. He has been associated with ISQua for many years.

“I am honoured, and most grateful to the ISQua Board and the international healthcare community for their support in my appointment as President Elect, and value the great trust they have placed in me to continue to promote quality improvement and patient safety across the world,” said Professor Braithwaite.

“I look forward to expanding my role at ISQua in furthering its great mission, and to work with my fellow Board Members and other stakeholders who are striving to design better health systems and deliver better care to the populations they serve, to improve patient safety.

“Enhancing the quality of care is an international endeavor, affecting people in every health system, across low, middle, and high-income countries,” Professor Braithwaite concluded.

ISQua’s mission is to inspire, promote and support continuous improvement in the safety and quality of healthcare worldwide, through a network that spans 100 countries and five continents.