Two weeks free entry to Macquarie Sport and Aquatic Centre

Macquarie University is a place where people come to learn and expand their own knowledge. So why not develop a healthy lifestyle as well? At the Macquarie University Sport and Aquatic Centre we are here to help get you on track with your health and fitness goals.

With memberships catering to everyone, including students, staff, alumni, community and concession, the Macquarie University Sport and Aquatic Centre is the place to be!

For the month of May we are offering all staff a 2 week free pass; simply come in to the Centre, flash your staff ID and and we’ll get you started.

We sat down with a few of Macquarie University’s staff members to get their opinions about the Macquarie University Sport and Aquatic Centre and the reasons they joined.

What is your name and your role here at Macquarie University Sport?
Nicola Dew
Catering and event co-ordinator for Crunch Events and Catering

nicola-dewWhy did you join the Macquarie University Sport and Aquatic Centre?
I joined the Sport and Aquatic Centre to improve my overall fitness levels and found that the small group training and express classes were perfect for this goal. As my colleagues were already regular visitors to the health club, it made the decision to join the Macquarie University Sport and Aquatic Centre an easy one.

What are your goals and how are you tracking with them?
My goals are now mostly strength based. I have signed up to the Fit360 program which allows me to track my progress through testing at the beginning of the program and again at the end.

What do you enjoy most about Macquarie University Sport?
The enthusiasm and dedication of the trainers makes the experience most enjoyable. Also having a program such as Fit360 where you can track your progress is a great way to keep motivated.

If you were going to give a colleague one piece of advice on getting started, what would it be?
Know your goal, keep focused.

Koos Gruntjes
Assistant Operations Manager

koos-gruntjesWhy did you join the Macquarie University Sport and Aquatic Centre?
Working at Campus Life gives us the opportunity to access the gym! Some of my colleagues invited me to come along to some of the “old” small group fitness classes. The trainer’s enthusiasm and fun environment triggered me to come back for more every time.

I wish I had clearer goals when going to the gym. It changes every other month or so and depends what race I have got coming up. At the moment I am in the FIT360 program and we have a testing session at the start and end of the 8-week program. Our goals here are simple, improve in strength and fitness.

The trainers make or break it for me. Their style of coaching and enthusiasm is super important. For the past two years or so Veronica Lee has been that person for me, keep it up!!

It helps going with a training buddy. For me that has been my colleagues. We hold each other accountable and keep challenging each other.

So what are you waiting for?
Come and join the Macquarie University Sport and Aquatic Centre today!